[OM] Re: Stolen images for sale on eBay

Subject: [OM] Re: Stolen images for sale on eBay
From: Ali Shah <alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 09:27:28 -0700 (PDT)
Flickr removed the photos! They say it is a mistake
and they cannot recover the data I guess. Between
Rebekka and what is going on over at JPG
Magazine...its been an interesting Flickr week. For
those who are not familiar with the JPG Magazine
issue. Seems that the original founders - a husband
and wife team were asked to leave the company. This
was just very sudden. JPG has lost a huge fan base and
potential subscribers because of that.

More info here:

http://powazek.com/posts/534

http://rebekkagudleifs.com/blog/2007/05/15/freedom-of-expression-telling-the-truth/

>   .... since the original thread outlining her
> situation was deleted from Flickr by the
> administration there.
>
>   This issue looks to be VERY much not over yet!
>
>   John M.

> Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 19:29:02 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Ali Shah <alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [OM] Re: [OT - sort of] Stolen images for
> sale on eB*y
>

> Rebekka's photos are amazing. Recently one of the
> members started group called the "Licensing
> Awareness
> Working (LAW) Group" to talk about copyright issues
> concerning folks on Flickr:
>
> http://flickr.com/groups/lawgroup/
>
> --- Johann Thorsson <johann@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > Some of you may be familiar with Rebekka.  She is
> an
> > Icelandic amateur with
> > an amazing talent - actually I don't think she can
> > be called an amateur any
> > more.  But success comes with a cost, and recently
> > she found out that an UK
> > company is making lot of money by selling her
> prints
> > on eB*y.  This is an
> > interesting must-read
> > http://flickr.com/photos/rebba/497746041/

> John Morton
> http://OriginOfWriting.com

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

 the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news,
photos & more.
http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC