[OM] Re: Stolen images for sale on eBay

Subject: [OM] Re: Stolen images for sale on eBay
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 18:30:45 +1000
Copyright certainly resides with the artist and it's a stronger right
than in the US as I remember.
I'm inclined to think that the offender may have been duped as well
but was careless - if that is the case then some of the vituperative
and vicarious rage in postings is quite ridiculous. Half the world
seems to live in a soap opera fantasy these days - I mean, death
threats?!
The fact that she is a starving single mother (how irresponsible!) is
quite irrelevant to the matter at hand. A sentimental diversion. it
wouldn't matter if she was as rich as Picasso. I note that the
offender is identified by a female name in a place not a cough and
spit from where I once lived. Perhaps she's the entrepreneurial
single mother of three children? :-)
Frankly her best strategy would be to forgive,  cut a deal with a
company that seems rather good at selling her images and make some
bloody money!
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx