[OM] Re: #124

Subject: [OM] Re: #124
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 05:19:29 -0400
I have a good friend who's a vet.  For the first couple of years out of
school he practiced large animal medicine on the farms in upstate New
York but eventually bought a small animal hospital being sold by a
retiring vet.  When I asked him why he said that small animals were more
challenging, that there was "more medicine involved".  In addition, he
commented that he had grown weary of calls to treat sick bulls.  He said
most farmers were afraid of their bulls and mistreated them badly;
pulling them around harshly by the nose ring or beating them with sticks
to get them to move.  Then, when the bulls got sick, they expected the
good doc to climb into the pen with them.

Chuck Norcutt