[OM] [OT] Deadly bulls & amazing timing, was: #124

Subject: [OM] [OT] Deadly bulls & amazing timing, was: #124
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 07:26:49 -0400
I couldn't quite believe it.  Shortly after writing the paragraph below
I poured a cup of coffee and sat down to read the morning paper.  What
should I spy but the small headline "Bull kills farmer, police report".

The story is of an 80 year old farmer from Andes, New York who was
killed by his 2 year old Jersey bull as he was passing through the cow
pen.  His 56 year old son was injured and hospitalized after he was
attacked by the bull while trying to aid his father.  As if that isn't
coincidence enough the location (Andes, NY) is the ancestral home of the
veterinarian mentioned below.  His father owned a farm there which the
family maintained until very recently.  Andes is a small town and the
farmer that was killed had served on the town board for the past 20
years.  The vet undoubtedly knows him and I intend to pass on the
information.

Watch out for those bulls,
Chuck Norcutt