[OM] Re: For battery bods

Subject: [OM] Re: For battery bods
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 21:54:54 +1000 (EST)
Hi James

> How closely does one need to follow the advice not to mix battery
> types? Specifically, is it ok to mix 2400 and 2500mAh Ni-MH AA
> batteries in a flash gun? They would seem very close in spec, but is
> very close close enough?

Not a good idea, different dischage rates so you could end up
driving the lower capacity batterys into negative charge which
will damage them, could also be dangerous as negatively charging
the lower capacity batterys could lead to leaking or exploding
batteries. 2400 & 2500 are close that I would think the danger
or leaking or exploding is high but you will diminish the life
of the lower capacity batterys by doing it.

Cheers
Ian Manners
http://www.comkal.net/

ALL NEW = Parts are not interchangeable with previous design.