[OM] Re: Equipment insurance, was: Stolen images for sale on eBay

Subject: [OM] Re: Equipment insurance, was: Stolen images for sale on eBay
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 09:25:20 +1000
The situation in Oz is quite simple. You get an 'all risks' policy on
top of your household 'contents' policy - it 'piggybacks'. You have
to nominate the equipment involved - a simple list with replacement
or actual values and serial numbers is adequate - and they quote you
a premium. It helps if you have receipts.
In my case, the premium is higher than the cost of insuring all my
household effects and it's a nuisance because I tend to keep buying
new stuff and selling off the old.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx