[OM] Re: A number of shots from Roztocze/Poland

Subject: [OM] Re: A number of shots from Roztocze/Poland
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 20:14:39 +1000
I was triggered by a memory of some educational research which asked
children in several countries to identify or depict a 'natural
landscape.' Down here they tended to choose or draw forest scenes. In
Europe, especially Britain, they drew something like a cow in a
field. It caused some amusement and or sorrow among the green
community here that the young should see a highly modified landscape
as somehow natural.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx