[OM] Re: cleaning negatives

Subject: [OM] Re: cleaning negatives
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 10:44:18 -0400
You'll never train the rotating gang of high school kids that do the
work or their clueless managers.  Go elsewhere.

<http://www.mpix.com/> (division of Miller's Lab) does a good job.  I
recommend getting a CD which will contain 2MP scans.  Don't, under any
circumstances, attempt to selectively *view* and order prints using
their software interface to your temporarily stored library of images.
Doing so will cause you to lose your sanity.  Instead, review the CD
when it comes back and then go on-line to select what you want without
trying to review the images.  It's the image review process that's the
nightmare.  Instead of opening a new window over the top of the
thumbnails page they replace the thumbnails page.  Then, when you want
to go back to the thumbnails, the thumbnails page is totally reloaded
and redrawn causing your hair to turn white in the interim.  I gave up
complaining about it.  Their DP staff (if it exists) is also clueless.

Chuck Norcutt