[OM] Re: cleaning negatives

Subject: [OM] Re: cleaning negatives
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 18:08:35 -0400
Trichlorethelene, aka TCE.  Nasty stuff.  IBM (and most other
manufacturers) used the stuff heavily in the 60's and 70's as
degreasers.  In IBM's case in circuit board manufacture.  Lots of it got
into the ground about 5 miles from where I'm sitting and today there are
hundreds of houses surrounding the IBM plant in Endicott, NY that have
special venting wells, tubes and exhaust fans to try to dissipate the
TCE plume that has been moving with the ground water for decades.  The
EPA and the NY state equivalent are actively working on the case and a
study of former employees for adverse health effects is about to get
started.

Be careful.

Chuck Norcutt