[OM] Care of the 65-200 f/4, was: Buying a Tamron 80-200 f2.8

Subject: [OM] Care of the 65-200 f/4, was: Buying a Tamron 80-200 f2.8
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 07:01:36 -0400
Eh?  I have a 65-200 that I bought from a list member perhaps 6 years
ago.  It has almost never been used (I have far too many lenses) and has
spent 99% of its life sitting in my OM lens drawer.  It's possible the
front element has been cleaned once since I bought it but the rear
element has never been cleaned.  Despite never being cleaned my rear
element is perfectly hazeless.  Of course, it was hazeless when I bought
it so maybe what you meant is that a lens which does develop haze has to
be cleaned regularly?  Does that also mean that a hazed rear element
must also be removed to clean both sides?

Chuck Norcutt