[OM] Re: Buying a Tamron 80-200 f2.8

Subject: [OM] Re: Buying a Tamron 80-200 f2.8
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 09:30:15 -0700
... and I thought Alex was buying all of the boxes. On yaBe some
people think "New In Box" encompasses a broad spectrum of condition,
including obvious scratches. "Mint" should only be applied to items
that can not be distinguished from new (other than packaging etc).

 I hope you enjoy the lenses John and as Moose suggested, look at the
65-200 carefully. People have reported that they can still deliver
excellent pictures when they have haze ... but you should be given
what you paid for.
-jeff

On 5/20/07, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'd be a bit upset. "Mint in THE box" is different from "Mint in A box".
>   Mint is a rather loose term but I don't think it would encompass
> visible wear on the focusing ring rubber.
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>
> John Morton wrote:
> > I recently started buying some OM System equipment from Vintage
> > Visuals in Calgary, Alberta. I started off small - just a patch cord
> > to connect the shutter trigger on a new KEH T45 flash to my motor
> > drive - and worked my way up through various small accessories to
> > some lenses. No problems per say until I ordered a "MINT IN THE BOX"
> > Zuiko 35-70 F4 lens. It was in a box, but, the box it was in had a
> > different serial number than the lens it contained. I noticed this
> > after a careful examination of the lens revealed some wear on the
> > rubber of the focusing rings. I guess I am lucky in that the wear
> > seems to be very localized, and indicates its previous owner had long
> > nails - I'm guessing a woman, and from the framing indicated, someone
> > who did a lot of flower photography... the equivalent of that used
> > car the old lady only drove on Sundays, to church.
> >
> > Looking more closely at the Zuiko 65-200 F4 zoom I had previously
> > purchased, I again noticed that the serial number of the box didn't
> > match the number on the lens.

snip