[OM] If you have been thinking about image management software...

Subject: [OM] If you have been thinking about image management software...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 15:17:35 -0700
MS bought iView MediaPro. They've just brought out their version,
Expression Media, part of their Expression software stuff.

Expression Media is priced at $299.

Amazon is selling iView MediaPro 3 for $130 with free shipping. Anyone
with a registered copy of Media Pro 3 by June 30th. gets a free upgrade
to the new MS version.

I've given up and bought it. I know, I know - MS - The Evil Empire. But
my research kept pointing to iView MediaPro as the best tool for my
needs. And I am surely in need. Images, images everywhere, but where are
the ones I want at the moment?

So even if the MS 'upgrade' isn't nice, MediaPro 3 is a pretty mature
app in itself that will probably do all I need. And who knows, they
haven't had it long enough to screw it up much - maybe it will even be
one of those bits of MS that's really competent.

Moose