[OM] [OT] Aged computer (and computer user) stuff, was: Anybody using Ol

Subject: [OM] [OT] Aged computer (and computer user) stuff, was: Anybody using Olympus Viewer or Studio with Vista?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 21:10:46 -0400
You surely know how to dredge up the past.  I spent many months working
on that study and used the results internal to IBM to justify a third
CPU for my time sharing complex.  I got involved at the dawn of
satellite links which were a baddie no one wanted to know about.
Approximately 3/4 second signal propagation delay which, by itself, was
enough to cause noticeable attention loss for interactive users.

Chuck Norcutt
Amongst other things in previous lives, former end user support manager
for the IBM Kingston APL time sharing complex.  Wow! 'twas a long time ago.