[OM] Re: If you have been thinking about image management software...

Subject: [OM] Re: If you have been thinking about image management software...
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 20:24:37 +0800
*Hi David*
**
*ALT key conventions are pretty much standard for most Windows apps but they
aren't enough to leave me convinced to hop over. My frustration will stem
from not being able to use Fn-based keys as well as handling stuffs like
multi-document switching as well as the generally intuitive interface. It's
not that MS is the best but after so many years, it's what I've gotten used
to and it's extremely difficult to move out without losing time and needing
extra effort to get acquainted with a new app. But having said that, and
after using quite a number of different types of software products, I
grudgingly admit that MS' approach to software design isn't all that bad. I
once attempted to move out to Lotus SmartSuite and the results were
disastrous. Nothing wrong with the software and didn't detect any stability
issues but the relearning of a brand new curve was way too much. I lost so
much time, fumbling and looking around for equivalent options etc. That's
where MS' hegemony is most felt, I feel. *

On 22/05/07, David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Khen,
>
> I happily use OpenOffice these days for my duties as Secretary of my
> Lodge.  It is great, deals with all of the stuff that I inherited from
> the M$office user who was Secretary before me, & should have no hassle
> handing it on to the next Secretary. except the database :(
>
> As a multi-platform user I generally use the stuff that is common, like
> <ALT-whatever> right-click & the like.
>
> davidt

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

"To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards of people" - Emily
Cox