[OM] Re: Anybody using Olympus Viewer or Studio with Vista?

Subject: [OM] Re: Anybody using Olympus Viewer or Studio with Vista?
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 01:55:44 +0800
*I think a very good barometer when it comes to OS changeovers is to take a
look at the corporate sector and not the home market. Home market sentiments
tend to be all for exciting upgrades but without much serious thoughts about
ownership costs, reliability, sustainability, consistency and stability -
the kinds of issues that home users are more inclined to think boring. From
the corporate sector, those are the issues that matter a lot and from what I
can gather, users in this forum tend to be a little more on the corporate
side of things mainly because many of you guys are likely to be power users
whose priorities are more or less the same as what you'll find in the
corporate world.*
**
*In any case when it comes to a choice of outright blistering performance
and excellent stability, and if someone put a gun to my head to make but one
choice, I'd take the latter, thank you very much. There's no doubt that
attractive performance is always a big plus but it's gonna splutter every
now and then, I'll take a lower hit but go for an OS that doesn't blink at
me. *
**
*K.*
**

On 23/05/07, Daniel Sepke <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Chris,
>
> Indeed it is stuff like this that has me wanting to stick with XP for
> another year or so but something will force a Vista upgrade at some point
> :(
> . What I really dread is that Vista is scheduled to be replaced in 18-20
> months (assuming MS can actually deliver on their intended timeline). The
> school I work at is not going to Vista until the start of the next
> academic
> year (aug 08) which will mean they will have it for less than a year
> before
> it is replaced! I know XP was around longer than originally intended but
> stabilty is a good thing to me.
>
> Dan S.

"To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards of people" - Emily
Cox