[OM] Re: Anybody using Olympus Viewer or Studio with Vista?

Subject: [OM] Re: Anybody using Olympus Viewer or Studio with Vista?
From: Graeme Pow <graeme.pow@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 19:50:21 +0100
Hi Dan,

Yes, I'm now using Olympus Studio 1.51 on Windows Vista Home Premium,
and it seems to work okay.  However, I did have a bit of hassle
installing it as I received the message "This software cannot be
installed on this version of Windows. Check the system requirements for
this software." when I clicked the OLYMPUS Studio button on the Setup
screen.  That gave me a bit of a start I can tell you, but then some
clever(?) Windowsy thing called Program Compatibility Assistant offered
me the chance to "Reinstall using recommended settings" and it worked.
Coupled with the OLYMPUS RAW codec for Vista (see
<http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/download/software/codec/index.cfm>)

it's really rather nice.

I can't seem to get Olympus Studio Camera Control to find my camera,
though, so I can't confirm if the tethered feature will work.  The
camera's connected to my computer and I've set the PC Mode to Control,
but it's not playing ball (grr).  I've even tried installing the XP
Studio driver.  I've likely missed something obvious or am likely doing
something daft, but so far it escapes me.

Hope that helps,

Graeme