[OM] Re: Resolution of MF enlarger lenses,

Subject: [OM] Re: Resolution of MF enlarger lenses,
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 11:22:29 -0400
Chuck,

Some of the Schneiders & Rodenstocks are well regarded for macro work,
especially the APO versions in the 75mm thru 90mm range. Due to this
alternate use they still command high prices used but are certainly worth
looking at. In my kit I have a BPM manual bellows that has an OM camera
mount and a M39 lens mount that when using a Rodagon 90mm will just get
infinity focus when compressed. I also have an El-Nikkor 150mm which is an
LF enlarger lens that can work with up to 5x7 negs I believe. The problem
with LF enlarger lenses is the greater extensions required to get focus.

So in answer to your question I believe that some lenses out there are up to
the task you are asking of them. Though I doubt that they will provide a
bargain in comparison to traditional lenses.

Dan S.