[OM] Re: Signing photos

Subject: [OM] Re: Signing photos
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 12:06:57 -0400
I float my image inside the mat opening and sign at the bottom of the
image. Title on the left, signature on the right. I use a #2 pencil.
(Floating the image inside the mat opening gives a very subtle double-
mat impression. It also allows me to put a black line around the
image to set it apart from the paper and mat. I do this a lot with
winter images where the whites tend to fade together.

Art supply stores sell markers that theoretically won't fade, but I
haven't found one I like yet, and I'm not partial to signing in gold
or silver leaf directly on the image.

If I mat the print so that the signature has to appear on the mat, I
sign the picture itself where the mat will cover it. That way there's
no mistake who's image it is. <g>

Best,

--Bob