[OM] Re: Signing photos

Subject: [OM] Re: Signing photos
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 11:43:10 -0500
This is a subject that is sure to create controversy. Some will tell you to
sign on the matte, which I consider less than foolish. Others sign on the
back, which is becomming more common among painters.

I follow the lead of watercolor and print artists. I print with a white
border, on which I place the title on the left and the signature on the
right. When I print B&W on fibre, I sign in pencil. When it is color printed
on RC, I use a fine point drafting pen, the disposable kind from the art
store.

The photo is then matted with the white border revealed.

In a visit last summer to galleries in Santa Fe, I saw many prints of the
most famous photographers, and most followed this plan.

Bill Pearce