[OM] [photo] [OT] Mamiya/Sekor 500TL

Subject: [OM] [photo] [OT] Mamiya/Sekor 500TL
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 14:12:13 -0400
I finally found a nice 500TL body online from a camera shop in
Pittsburgh for $29. I salvaged the 50mm f2 lens from a junk 500TL I
purchased on eB*y for $11 and now have a nice camera... the same model
that was purchased for me by my parents as a graduation gift many moons
ago.  It feels good to have it back in my hands.

http://bcn.net/~rlovison/OMlist/sekor.html

Light seals seem to be OK for now, the viewfinder is very clean and the
light meter works fine.  The slow shutter speeds seemed slightly off. I
had to remove the bottom and top plate to get at the slow speed
adjustment screw.  I managed to get the slow speeds to sound almost
identical to the OM1 except for 1/2 sec and 1 sec.  Those two are almost
double what they should be.  I was told that the slow speed governor
needs to be cleaned.  Too much for me to tackle.  I'll work around that
for now.

I loaded some film and I'm looking forward to capturing some images.
It's going to be a challenge to use only a 50mm lens. :)  Now if only
the light in New England can come down a few notches from extremely harsh.

Richard
--
Nature's Luminance
http://bcn.net/~rlovison/index.html