[OM] Re: Grump OT

Subject: [OM] Re: Grump OT
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 20:55:58 -0400
Bob Whitmire wrote:

> The repair guy says roughly $1500. This is the second late-model
> Subaru I've had that needed a new head gasket with fewer than 80,000
> miles. Repair guy says it's a design flaw in the engines. I told him
> I didn't really care. This will be my last Subaru. One head gasket I
> can accept, even though it didn't seem right. Two is enough to send
> me into a homicidal snit.

Sorry to hear about your car troubles... I can relate.  We own a 2001
Forester with 60,000 miles and now I'm starting to have doubts on
whether it was a good purchase.  We just spent $800 for a brake job
where all four disc rotors were replaced as well as all the pads.  One
front caliper froze up as well.  And this all happened with only 26,000
miles on a complete brake job that was done when we purchased it used.

Richard

--
Nature's Luminance
http://bcn.net/~rlovison/index.html