[OM] Re: Grump OT

Subject: [OM] Re: Grump OT
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 18:20:29 -0700
My pad life with my WRX, 55,000 miles, was a little better than what
I got with a Honda, better than the SAAB I dumped after a miserable
four years,  and not as good as my two Mazdas.

If they replaced your rotors, then they, no doubt, were over ground
the first time, and probably the lubrication of the calipers was not
done correctly, if at all. This last brake job is the first time I
caved and let them turn the disks because I was going somewhere and
did not have time to do the brakes myself. I have always done my
brakes myself since the advent of disks and never have turned or
replaced a rotor or had a brake problem in between popping in new
pads. Brakes are a big scam in my opinion.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA