[OM] Re: Grump OT

Subject: [OM] Re: Grump OT
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 13:23:51 -0500
On Sat, May 26, 2007 at 08:50:40AM -0700, Winsor Crosby wrote:
> You do have to be careful. Once while thinking about a Volvo I polled
> each of the Volvo owners in the large office where I worked and each
> highly praised the reliability of their cars. In spite of what they
> said  I eventually got a Mazda, but a couple years later I overheard
> a group of these same owners laughing as they shared horror stories
> of component failure and the horrendous amounts they paid to have
> their cars repaired.

Volvos used to come in two flavors: 400,000 mile workhorses and total
lemons. Sounds like Ford managed to do away with the first category. Then
again, as far as I'm concerned, Ford could screw up an anvil. If they went
the way of Enron, I'd dance on their grave.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC                   http://www.conmicro.com
http://jmaynard.livejournal.com      http://www.tronguy.net