[OM] Re: Monitor Profile

Subject: [OM] Re: Monitor Profile
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 08:54:17 -0400
Tried Chris C's suggestion to tone down Apple Cinema Display to 80
percent. It's a bit of Kentucky windage to do that, as Apple doesn't
give you the numbers, but I think I'm very close. Then went with
Chris B's suggestion to use Apple's built-in calibration. The first
thing I noticed was that when calibrated according to Apple, the
screen is much warmer than when calibrated to Huey specifications.
This is not a subtle shift, but rather very dramatic. I wonder if my
eyes are playing tricks on me because I can't imagine the two would
be that far off from one another.

A test print doesn't look like either of them, but more closely
resembles the Huey than the Apple. At least with Color Management
being handled by Photoshop rather than the printer. The print seems
darker, but that's something I'm going to have to get used to because
the monitor is "backlit" and the print is pure reflection.

--Bob