[OM] Favorite desiccant?

Subject: [OM] Favorite desiccant?
From: Doug <dhsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 12:35:45 -0400
as the temp approaches 90 deg in New Eng and after observing black fuzzy
hyphae
on an acquaintance's lens he gave me to sell (stored in a basement) I'm
thinking of more compulsively using something like this:

http://tinyurl.com/2garhq

Wonder what is the best strategy and what others prefer.  Suppose one could
use
anhydrous Ca sulfate "Drierite" which may be easier to regenerate, though may
not be worth the hassle factor.

Mike

I got my silica from a friend who works for one of the air compressor
companies. They use in air dryers. this was about 5 pounds left over from
filling a dryer with two 55 gallon drums of the stuff. This was a few years
ago, but he told me it was about $3/pound. Package it in something that isn't
moisture proof and that you can throw in the oven to regenerate it.