[OM] Re: Going to the dark side of the force... no, not *that* dark side

Subject: [OM] Re: Going to the dark side of the force... no, not *that* dark side, another one !
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 21:26:05 +1000
But, it's no good for the cricket, mate!

That's the one Nikon lent me with the D200 - nice, but I was not so
impressed at the long end. I had some troubles with the VR (lulled me
into a false sense of security) and I had to think, with a range like
that, what's the point of an interchangeable lens?

The Canon 50/1.8 tested out as good as the 1.4 at mid apertures and
better than the new 1.2 at points. I loved it on the 10D. The Nikkor
was not quite as good as it's cousin but perhaps Nikon has better
product differentiation.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx