[OM] Re: Going to the dark side of the force... no, not *that* dark side

Subject: [OM] Re: Going to the dark side of the force... no, not *that* dark side, another one !
From: Manuel Viet <oly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 08:39:49 +0200
Le vendredi 01 Juin 2007 03:13, Moose a écrit :
> Manuel Viet wrote:
> > Well, just for the sake of it, here is my first true test picture with
> > the pentax :
> >
> > http://perso.orange.fr/m-viet/bw-roses.jpg
> >
> > This is a 1:1 crop of the full picture, shot in raw mode, converted with
> > dcraw, and post processed in the gimp to 'look like' a traditional bw
> > picture. I noticed too late that I've been over-zealeous in cutting the
> > high lights, but believe me, the original picture has no burnt spots.
>
> Nice subject and composition of the crop. For my taste, the actual lost
> highlights aren't so much an issue as the overall distribution of the
> tonality. Almost everything is "way up high" (You have to imagine the
> high, squeaky voice.)

Arghhh ; I forgot to recall my monitor settings for photo editing and left it
in my usual 'wordprocessing' state (very dim for long hours of writing).

My first calibration mistake too ;-)

So, to be clear about it, my intention was very close of your final
interpretation. I'll correct it later.

--
Manuel Viet