[OM] Re: OT Notes on Upgrading - II - Disks - and a question

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Notes on Upgrading - II - Disks - and a question
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 11:50:40 -0700
Tom Scales wrote:
> I'm looking into the pci card approach.  My Dell has 6 SATA drives in it (1
> optical, 5 hard drives) and I need more storage.  I've found a couple four
> port cards that will do Raid5 with external drives.  I'm tempted by that.
> The Seagate 750GB external SATA drives can be had for $199.  Their
> wonderful, fast drives. I already have 6.

Thanks for the info. I'm not to that point - yet - but it's inevitable.
I didn't go for the 750 gb drives 'cause they were still more per mb and
I figure they will be cheaper by the time I need them. Of course by
then, there will be single 3.5" 1 tb drives. :-)

Six times $200 is getting close to what I paid for my whole box.

Moose