[OM] Re: (OT) ? For Canyon Shooters

Subject: [OM] Re: (OT) ? For Canyon Shooters
From: "Johann Thorsson" <johann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 09:26:51 -0700
This is interesting.  I know a guy who is very active on dpreview and is
constantly complaining about his gear, referring to some discussion on the
Nik*n boards over there.  I know he has sent various lenses back claiming
all sorts of problems previously unheard of by me at least.  I know that
Nik*n is not that bad at all so I have always been surprised by his (and
other dpreviewers) extremely bad luck.  But this is probably the reason, he
has all his wisdom from those lists and they are perhaps not the most
accurate or best info sources unless you know what to ignore on there.  I
gave up on dpreview a long time ago, this list is more than enough for me,
it is hard to find another forum where such wealth of knowledge and
experience is found in one place.

> In the aforementioned patrol of various other discussion boards, I
> also found huge numbers of posts from Canyon users in which they
> bemoan the poor QC of Canyon, even the high-end stuff. These people
> talk about ordering and then sending back multiple copies of superior
> L glass, such as the 16-35 Mark II, the 70-200 2.8 L IS USM, and even
> the new 1DsMark III body that's getting otherwise rave reviews.
snip