[OM] Re: Other Forums inc. Oly (410-510 Content)

Subject: [OM] Re: Other Forums inc. Oly (410-510 Content)
From: Ali Shah <alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 11:33:23 -0700 (PDT)

Your analysis is pretty much right on! I have found
that Fred Miranda forums are pretty decent. Otherwise
I havent found a forum/list like the OM list. I am not
much an Olympus user anymore but I still feel at home
here. I belong to a couple of Yahoo photo
groups...some are fluffy BS, the Nikon groups are
plain bad, and the Olympus group is decent but has a
lot of newbies.

> > This weekend I had an opportunity to peruse other
> discussion boards
> > and what I found floored me. Not that I didn't
> know what a bunch of
> > rude-nicks wreak havoc on the Internet, just that
> I hadn't frequented
> > their haunts in so long that I had forgotten.
> Specifically, I hit
> > Nikon, Canon & Olympus on dpreview. From worst to
> best, civility
> > wise, Canon, Nikon & Olympus. I could read two or
> three posts in a
> > row on the Oly forum before someone went
> non-linear. One Canon, and
> > Nikon, sometimes I couldn't get even one post in
> before the poster
> > went off half-cocked. And I think half-cocked is a
> good term. Another
> > good term is rude. It's like the folks just patrol
> the various boards
> > and whenever they see someone being nice, or
> expressing enthusiasm
> > for a piece of gear, they butt in and flame
> it--the poster and the
> > gear. And then I saw one guy who posted a noise
> test of the E-410 vs.
> > 5D, with the Oly using the kit lens and the 5D
> with L glass. And the
> > butthead had the audacity to defend his test. It
> was freaking
> > amazing! It was also amazing how much time and
> effort otherwise
> > intelligent people put into trying to persuade the
> fellow of the
> > error of his way. Hell, he _knew_ the error of his
> ways going in.
> > Just another bomb thrower.
> >
> > Every now and then I think this board gets up on
> the wrong side of
> > the bed, but I ain't thinking that anymore. No
> way, no how! We are
> > absolute paragons of civility, and potential
> global paradigms of
> > polite discourse.

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx