[OM] Re: Other Forums inc. Oly (410-510 Content)

Subject: [OM] Re: Other Forums inc. Oly (410-510 Content)
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 07:49:35 -0400
On Jun 5, 2007, at 8:24 PM, Moose wrote:
> Going to your local dealer sure has a different meaning where you
> are. Augusta for the car, So. Portland for a camera....

True. We like to think of Maine as one very large small town.
Actually, we have about 1.6 million people total, mostly along the
coast. Long drives are a fact of life here. People in Bangor work at
Bath Iron Works in Bath. That's almost a 3-hour commute. The county I
live in has exactly four traffic lights. Two of them are in
Waldoboro, on Route 1 in sight of each other. Another is in
Damariscotta, and the fourth is in Boothbay Harbor. Four traffic
lights in the whole county. Man, you gotta love this place!

--Bob