[OM] Re: (OM) a few E-1 images

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM) a few E-1 images
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 08:29:56 -0500
On 6/6/07, AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Joel, world-traveller, Wilcox wrote:
> > You got my attention, Tom.  Do tell more.
> > Joel (both children now teens except the one that's 12 but she is
> > too) W.
>
> Hey, Joel. Welcome back.  How was the SW?
>
> AG

HI Ken,
Thanks for asking.  The trip was great.  Quite exhausting, as we
worked pretty hard.  I came home with 1300 images after some modest
chimping, though not all will be keepers, that's for sure.  I'm still
working through the shots as time allows.  Our key goals were to get a
specific shot at Cathedral Rocks in Sedona, AZ and to "do" the North
Rim.  We stopped at the South Rim before making the 200 mile drive to
the other side, but not much there photo-wise because of dust and
haze.  A late spring rain/sleet/snow storm on the North Rim cleared
things out and produced some unexpected opportunities.

There's a trophy shot of Mt. Hayden (Pt. Imperial, North Rim) on my homepage:

http://myweb.uiowa.edu/jfwilcox

Other than that, we spent the remainder of the trip in the Zion area,
actually shuttling ourselves between Bryce and Zion to sleep and hike
and shoot for about 4-5 days of it.  We attempted to get a shot of
Chimney Rock near Scottsbluff, NE on the way back.  Did get some shots
though the weather is almost always crummy for us as we travel through
there, though I found the area more interesting and enjoyable than I
had thought I would.

Having lived pretty intensely with the E-330 for two weeks, I made
some detailed notes on the way home about my likes and dislikes of the
camera, which I'll share once I've got my act together.  I took the
E-1 but didn't use it.  I think I could have shot the whole thing with
the E-1 however just as well as with the E-330, missing only the
occasionally use of Live View to nail critical focus.  I continue to
find the E-1 viewfinder adequate for manual focus in a way that the
E-330's is not.  I certainly hope the E-2's VF is at least as large as
the E-1's.

Joel W.