[OM] Re: (OM) a few E-1 images

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM) a few E-1 images
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 16:09:22 -0500
Thanks Chris.  If you recall your ranger talks, there is a general
slope of the plateau that the river cuts through from north to south.
This puts the river closer to the South Rim and makes the exposure
more precipitous on the South Rim.  It is very exciting.  It's also
more traveled, which has the usual drawbacks.

I love both rims.  The North brings some of the temples closer it seems.

It appears that the North may be somewhat more attractive to a
sedentary crowd (present company excepted).  Lots of elderly and lots
of over-weight folks.  One could enjoy one's entire time there sitting
in the lodge and looking at the canyon through the astronomical
windows, and it appears that that's what a good many people did.

But there are worse things one could do. :)

Joel W.