[OM] Re: Next U.S. Olympus Odyssey Participant?

Subject: [OM] Re: Next U.S. Olympus Odyssey Participant?
From: "Marc Lawrence" <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 09:34:15 +1000
> Timpe, Jim wrote:
> Implication being that rain renders our beautiful region
> un-photogenic? I live to rust.

I admit to being someone who likes overcast, rain, and
generally "miserable" conditions for photography. A fair
whack of the photos I've liked the most of my current
place of residence (Sydney) are black-and-whites in such
conditions. "High contrast" nice days are also personally
annoying for me as I have to make extra effort to control
it when I'm taking photos on my days off, and I'm just
not an "extra effort" kind of guy. :-)

I suppose as well that, with so much advocacy in the
beginner literature for the "good light" of mornings and
evenings on "nice photo weather" days, it's nice to see the
less popular "bad photo weather" photographs, just for the
difference.

(Of course, this is possibly different to what Jim is
referring to, where some environments - rainforest for
instance - come to their own in such light).

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz (wet, windy and "miserable" today)