[OM] Re: IMG: Drawbridge, a ghost town in the Silicon Valley

Subject: [OM] Re: IMG: Drawbridge, a ghost town in the Silicon Valley
From: "Marc Lawrence" <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 14:01:39 +1000
> Wayne Harridge wrote:
> Excellent set of images Richard.
>
> Funny how we never seem to have these pockets of recently
> deserted civilisation in Oz, anyone like to correct me or
> suggest a reason why ?

It's not the same thing, but Google Maps has me wanting
to visit some places I've lived while following Dad around
with his RAAF postings. One of the places is pretty much no
longer there. Here's a a current overhead view of where I
use to live about 25 years ago:

http://tinyurl.com/35u59u

All those streets use to have Married Quarters (homes) on
them. There's the RAAF base on the right, and the building
on middle left is school that supported the community.

I don't know where the RAAF families live now.

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz