[OM] Re: E-410 Kit

Subject: [OM] Re: E-410 Kit
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 07:32:36 -0400
Thanks again for the demo shot.  At 35mm the distortion is dramatically
reduced.

I've never been much of a wide angle fan either.  For many years I was
restricted to 50mm since that's all I had but once I acquired my next
lens, a Zuiko 200/4, the entire world was only visible at 200mm for many
more years.  Finally, my 70-150 Kiron reigned me in a bit and I found
myself using that lens most of the time and shooting within its range.
Then I discovered my 35-70 Zuiko and, while it never got used as much as
the 70-150 it did teach me to think a little wider at times and I
continue to shoot a bit wider now that the 5D normally sports a 28-80
Tokina.

My 17mm Tokina and 24mm Zuiko have rarely been used unless shooting an
architectural interior.  Perhaps the ability to "see" at a wider angle
is helped by having a zoom that runs from very wide to moderate wide
angle.  I have a hard time mentally envisioning a 24mm image let alone a
17mm image.

Chuck Norcutt