[OM] Re: [OT] for all you musicians

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] for all you musicians
From: "Richard Lovison" <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 14:08:13 -0400
On 6/8/07, AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Richard wrote:
>
> > I must have really been ticked off at my experiences in engineering
> > to have turned my back on something I used to love so much.
>
> No, you probably realized that income trumps passion.

Income was 60% of the problem.

I dug up some info on the chief engineer I worked under:

http://www.ghlaudio.com/index-1.html

Too bad for me he wasn't into mentoring at the time.  He was one heck of an
engineer and it looks like he still is... it would have been a pleasure to
have been taken under his wing.  There was so much internal strife within
the organization that I was unaware of when I was employed there.  It wasn't
until much later, soon after I left the industry that I learned the truth.
HWR was kind of like the Last Chance Texaco for me when it came to
recording.  After the third layoff I called it quits.

Funny, I came across this also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Master_and_the_Musician

one of the better albums produced and recorded at HWR.

Richard