[OM] Re: Don't cry, just do it! [was Velvia 50 replacement]

Subject: [OM] Re: Don't cry, just do it! [was Velvia 50 replacement]
From: "Richard Lovison" <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 07:53:15 -0400
On 6/10/07, Manuel Viet <oly@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As I'm dwelving into profiles at the moment, and especially profiles in
> linux
> applications, I take that opportunity to speak about my preliminary
> findings.
> Like in many other fields, linux is quite apt at dealing with colorimetry.

Thanks for posting your findings on lprof.  I'll check into it further.

At the present I use xcalib and my profile.icm created by my spyder in winxp
to calibrate my monitor in Linux.  At least now I know that what I'm viewing
on the web is close to how it should appear.

I found I had to jump through too many hoops in Linux to process and print
my photography.  My attempt to find drivers for my Canon i960 produced
numerous headaches and I prefer CS2 over GIMP.  Quite simply, my workflow is
effortless in xp compared to what it would be in Linux.

Richard