[OM] Re: Why I feel like a freaking idiot sometimes

Subject: [OM] Re: Why I feel like a freaking idiot sometimes
From: "Richard Lovison" <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 08:52:10 -0400
On 6/10/07, Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Would someone who 1) understands this, and 2) has a little time on
> his hands, explain what the hell they told me? Not in terms of a
> textbook, but rather in terms of a basic, simple photographer's web
> site lacking bells and whistles and dedicated mostly to showing
> pictures. Gawd, I feel like a freaking idiot who should not be let
> anywhere near a computer.

Bob,

The key is in the following sentence:

" If the site you want to build uses any of these listed languages or
functions, be sure that you select the appropriate operating system
for your hosting account."

Look into the info on your new web authoring software to see what
programming languages and functions it uses and choose the server that can
accommodate.  If you pass on the name of the software to the tech they will
probably tell you the proper choice.  If you can go with either, choose the
Linux one... there will be less downtime and reboots. :)

Richard