[OM] Re: Don't cry, just do it! [was Velvia 50 replacement]

Subject: [OM] Re: Don't cry, just do it! [was Velvia 50 replacement]
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 12:19:31 -0500
On 6/10/07, Michael Wong <mialop@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have found some information from internet & I'm not sure I fully understand.
>
> The following website introduce how to calibrate the scanner with
> SilverFast AI IT8
> http://www.silverfast.com/show/highlights-it8/en.html

I have not used Silverfast for a long time, but my version for the
Polaroid SS4000 came with an IT8 transparency and it included
instructions for profiling the scanner using it.  This affects slides
only and does not create profiles specific to different types of film,
either slide or negative.

Ian Lyons' is a Silverfast promoter.  You might like his tutorials on
Silverfast and IT8 calibration:

http://www.computer-darkroom.com/sf5_contents.htm

Joel W.