[OM] Manual Focusing Issues with DSLRs?

Subject: [OM] Manual Focusing Issues with DSLRs?
From: Curt & Sally Hedman <Curtis.P.Hedman-1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 21:27:57 -0500
I came across this article:

http://www.jayandwanda.com/photography/dslr_man_focus/man_focus.html

Which talks about how modern DSLR focusing screens are not the best
for focusing manual lenses. Can anyone support or refute this idea? I
have been having some trouble with manual focusing on my DSLR (not an
Olympus), and have been thinking about trying a Katz Eye screen, with
a more traditional split image/microprism/ground glass
configuration... anyone have any experience with the Katz Eye
product? I tried searching the digest archives, but all I got was
"non-existent page" outcomes... from what I can tell, I will be
trading a little screen brightness for improved focus accuracy, which
seems like a good trade to me.

Curt