[OM] Re: Why I feel like a freaking idiot sometimes

Subject: [OM] Re: Why I feel like a freaking idiot sometimes
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 19:41:07 -0700
> From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Dumbass me thought for sure I'd want Linux because I'm using a Mac.

Go with your hunch.

The main reason to prefer Linux hosting is that you'll be able to
duplicate your website on your own machine, should you wish to. It
can be very useful to fire up a local web server when you're
debugging a problem.

Unless you know you need ASP, you don't need it. There's less free
software available, for one thing.

PHP/MySQL on Linux or MacOS X has tons of free software available. I
recommend Gallery2 for photo stuff.

:::: Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys typing
on a million typewriters, and the Internet is NOTHING like Shakespeare.
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/85AE07>