[OM] TOPE 31: Shooting season is open!

Subject: [OM] TOPE 31: Shooting season is open!
From: Olaf Greve <ogreve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 11:36:28 +0200
Hiya,

Well, it's that time of the year again, to open yet another TOPE
event.: TOPE 31 "Still lifes".

The shooting dates are:
From: +/- June 10th, 2007
Until: +/- July 21st, 2007.

And the theme abstract:
Apples and pears, or flowers in a vase? Well, those could certainly
qualify in a typical still life, but also more creative
interpretations of the theme could fit the bill. I'll certainly cut
the submitters some slack here in order to prevent a cliche theme. :)

BTW: the definition of still lifes does not seem to be equally clear
to everyone. Though (as always) I'll cut people some slack, what the
theme really ought to be about is doing your best for taking a
"proper" still life picture.
For those who have difficulty in judging what should and shouldn't go
in a still life, there's an excellent Wikipedia page about it, at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Still_life
Also, some fine examples can be seen at: http://commons.wikimedia.org/
wiki/Category:Still_life_paintings
All of those categories are fine for TOPE 31, so certainly no "fruits
and flowers" only restriction. :)

The URLs:

Main page:
http://www.tope.nl

Direct link to the (various) TOPE theme(s) description(s):
http://www.tope.nl/events.php

Cheers,
Olafo