[OM] Re: [OT] Intel Mac users only -- mac and pc the lines just got tota

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Intel Mac users only -- mac and pc the lines just got totally blurred -new parallels
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 08:44:05 -0500
Olaf Greve wrote:
> Hiya,
>
>  >Almost total platform transparency.  Parallels rocks.
>
> Yeah, it's quite cool, but there are (at present) still two reasons
> for me to have a "proper" Bootcamp installation next to the Parallels
> enabled (same) Bootcamp version:
> 1) Better "native" hardware support, including BOTH processor cores,
> as far as I gather.
> 2) My Hi-MD only works under a proper native Bootcamp boot. Not under
> Parallels.
>
> There are some more such things, but I wonder if the new version of
> Parallels offers any relieve in those two aspects?

Not sure.  My parallels VM actually runs off the bootcamp partition - I
had to load bootcamp because my DeLorme mapping software/GPS puck do run
as well in emulation - there's a significant amount of latency with the
little green arrow due to the third-party driver for the usb receiver.
When I'm in the car, I boot into XP and it works just fine.

I'm hoping that they improved the hardware transparency with regards to
the usb ports as well.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon