[OM] Re: [OT] Intel Mac users only -- mac and pc the lines just got tota

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Intel Mac users only -- mac and pc the lines just got totally blurred -new parallels
From: "Tom Scales" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 11:37:04 -0400
Really?  No offense, but I call BS.

I have a Dell Dimension 9200 (actually have two).  Nice size case.  Spots
for 6 SATA drives (6 ports).  Integrated RAID. Integrated gigabit. 7.1
Integrated sound, including optical out.

Mine came equipped with:

E6600 Core 2 Duo processor (4mb cache, very fast)
1GB Ram
Windows XP Pro ($100 more than Home)
nVidia 7300LE video card (cheap, but serviceable)
250GB SATA II Hard drive

The Mac Pro STARTS at $2499.  I wouldn't want an integrated monitor, so the
Mac Pro would be comparable.

Even if I considered an iMac, it isn't offered with the E6600, just lesser
processors.  The 24" version starts at $1999. Since my 24" monitor was only
$550, that makes the iMac $1450.

My price, delivered to my home?  $863. Brand-new, not refurbished.  Included
a USB Mouse and Keyboard.

Find me a nice Mac with comparable specs for under $900.

I know this is a religious war and I LIKE the Macs and revisit buying one
every few months.  The economics just DO NOT WORK.

Tom