[OM] Re: [OT] Intel Mac users only -- mac and pc the lines just got tota

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Intel Mac users only -- mac and pc the lines just got totally blurred -new parallels
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 12:40:06 -0500
On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 01:35:21PM -0400, Tom Scales wrote:
> I'm not infected. Frankly, keeping your AV up-to-date isn't rocket science
> and any belief that it is too risky is just bluster. Particularly behind a
> decent router.

Too many folks have their computers infected that are running anti-malware
programs for me to believe that Windows can ever be made secure and exposed
to the Internet. I wasn't kidding when I said it was insecure by design,
either; Microsoft has publicly admitted as much.

> My frustration with many Mac users is that they wear blinders about a
> Windows box.  Windows does everything I need it to.

I don't wear blinders about Windows boxes. I used to run them. I run Macs on
my desktop and laptop because of all the trouble I had with Windows. To me,
those machines are tools, and getting out of the way and letting me get my
real work done is what they're for. I can do that with a Mac a lot more
easily than I can with Windows.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC                   http://www.conmicro.com
http://jmaynard.livejournal.com      http://www.tronguy.net