[OM] Re: Manual Focusing Issues with DSLRs?

Subject: [OM] Re: Manual Focusing Issues with DSLRs?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 19:34:43 -0400

Katzeye does make a nice screen for the E-400.  Rachel says that it will likely
work in the 410
though they need a beta tester (willing victim) to confirm that. There
evaluation of the
changes in the 410 and their experience with Oly's models make them confident
it will work. They would do their
usual due diligence with it and return it in a week or two. They will make no
claims until its goodness is confirmed. She implied they would make
a nice deal for the privilege.  They do not like to purchase every new model
to test their screens.  They have had some discussions on how to tackle a nice
screen for the
5D to aid manual focus, though no real progress.  They are backlogged for
screens with no
development impediments.
Mike

> Which talks about how modern DSLR focusing screens are not the best
> for focusing manual lenses. Can anyone support or refute this idea?

I haven't had much luck with manual focusing on my E-410 (and yes, I set it
to allow manual focusing after the autofocus gets its turn). The screen
doesn't help much.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC

AOL at AOL.com.