[OM] Re: Compact flash cards for E500

Subject: [OM] Re: Compact flash cards for E500
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 21:25:54 -0400
Olympus' description of the file name options is pretty confusing but I
would suggest that the "auto" mode should allow continuous numbering
even if the new card is empty.  I know it doesn't say that but as I read
it that's what would be required to differentiate it from the "reset"
option.

Both my Mynolta and Canyon have a continuous numbering option and I
would be mightily surprised if Oly doesn't have it too.

ps:  I never allow the computer to write to a CF card as in allowing it
to delete images.  Clearing old images is always done by formatting in
the camera.

Chuck Norcutt