[OM] recommendations for compact camera with no lag

Subject: [OM] recommendations for compact camera with no lag
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:24:12 +0200
Hi guys n gals I know compacts have been discussed in the past but new
models come out all the time and I am looking for a camer for my wifes
birthday this week. her wishlist is simple, small enough to slip in
handbag and minimum or no delay from pressing shutter to taking picture.
maybe this problem dissappeared a long time ago.

I would add that it should be tough and splashproof, which points to the
olympus µ[mju:] 780  or is that stylus or epic? but I don't know about
the delay from press to shot.

I would like the best tool for the job so if there are other brand
models that are better, please let me know

thanks IanW