[OM] Re: 2-series screen newbie question

Subject: [OM] Re: 2-series screen newbie question
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 21:02:36 -0600
I'm surpised how many people don't see a difference between the 1 and 2
series OM screens. Getting 2-13 screens for my OM-4T bodies absolutely
revolutionized my low light work. For years I could not get a properly
focused image in low light. I'd always be back or front focused even if it
looked good on screen. I used to think there was something wrong with the
cameras but I noticed my problems weren't consistant and didn't happen in
bright light even with the lens wide open. I simply couldn't see the image
well enough in dim light with the 1 series screen. I bought a 2-13 from John
Hermanson and put it in one of my OM-4T bodies and OMG I couldn't believe
it. I could focus in low light..ACCURATELY. As soon as I had the money I
bought another 2-13 for my other body (thanks to Bill Barber) and I wouldn't
go back.

I don't use the screen to judge bokeh, just to focus and compose so that
isn't an issue for me. If you only do daylight work then a 1 series is ok.
It's better than most older manual focus SLR screens (I have a minolta
SRT-101 that I find hard to focus even in bright daylight, for example). But
in dim available light I simply cannot get reliably sharp images with the
1-series screen.

--
Chris Crawford
Photography & Graphic Design